Job Title: Biomechtronics Postdoctoral Researcher – Stanford University
Date of Postdoc Position Posting: 11/11/21
Postdoctoral Position Discipline: Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2021
- Position Location: Stanford, CA
- RUA Affiliated Institution: Stanford University
- Link to Group Website
A team of faculty at Stanford University, including Professors Karen Liu, Steve Collins, Scott Delp and Leo Guibas, is developing intelligent wearable robotic devices intended to improve balance for individuals with physical impairments. We are looking for outstanding individuals to join our team and collaborate on research topics that include:
• Physical human-robot interaction
• Balance control for human locomotion
• Human-in-the-loop optimization
• The effects of aging on motor control
Funding is available for two years. This postdoc will be primarily advised by Steve Collins and co-advised by Karen Liu and Scott Delp. In addition to working on the above topics, the postdoc will have the opportunity to build an interdisciplinary scientific network, participate in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students, present their work at international scientific meetings, and develop other skills to prepare them for a faculty position.
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
• A PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Kinesiology, Robotics, or related fields
• Experience with exoskeleton hardware and software development
• Experience with gait biomechanics data collections
• Experience with objective and subjective assessments among patient groups
Stanford University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. We encourage applications from women, members of minority groups, veterans, persons with disabilities, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research and teaching mission.
Additional Position Details
- Opportunity for teaching: Yes
- Opportunity for supervision/mentoring: Yes
- Opportunity for community outreach and engagement: Yes
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send an email or letter indicating their interest and experience, a CV, and two representative publications to: email@example.com.
Download a PDF copy of this postdoc position posting by clicking on the link here.